Whether you need to retake a class, recover credit, get ahead, take an elective, or improve your GPA, taking classes online during the summer can be a great way to reach your goals.
The American Academy’s summer courses are:
- Flexible – Allowing you to begin at any time, access your summer courses anywhere you go, and move at your own pace through the material.
- Accredited — Cognia (formerly AdvancEd) accredits top education institutions around the world. You can learn more by searching the International Registry for Accreditation for The American Academy, which has maintained accreditation since 2007.
- Affordable — It’s important to remember that you are investing in your education, but credible institutions don’t have sky-high tuition, and should never have any hidden fees.
- Trusted — When you take summer online courses through The American Academy, you are tapping into a rigorous curriculum just like you would experience in a brick-and-mortar school.
With The American Academy, you can take one summer school course or several — and since the classes can be accessed any time, from anywhere, you’ll have the flexibility you need to make sure you don’t miss out on summer fun. Plus, you’ll be supported by a team of staff and teachers who care about your success!
Yes! The American Academy Summer School Program is flexible and can be completed 100% online. Being a student at The American Academy will never interfere with your job, family obligations, or hobbies because you fit learning time comfortably into your routine.
Classes start every business day so there is no need to wait.
Students should take summer online courses if they:
• want to get ahead.
• need to catch up, make up a class, or recover credits.
• are interested in a subject that isn’t taught at their school.
• need extra help in a subject area.
• have a scheduling or personal conflict that might interfere with their ability to take the class in their school.
Yes! The American Academy is accredited by one of the world’s top accrediting agencies and credit can be earned in half-credit increments, depending on the class length (one or two semesters).
Anyone who has researched online educational opportunities knows that accreditation is extremely important. The American Academy is a Cognia-accredited school, which means it has gone through thorough reviews and can provide a level of education equal to that of a traditional high school. Schools and employers will recognize the diploma you earn with The American Academy. Our accreditation status can be viewed here.
Although The American Academy is an accredited online high school, it is up to each individual school to approve and accept the online course. We strongly recommend that you meet with a guidance counselor from your high school for pre-approval. Here are the steps you should take to ensure the online class will be accepted:
Visit our Course Catalog and find the class you are interested in taking.
Download the course syllabus.
Share the syllabus with your guidance counselor to get pre-approval on the course and to ensure they will accept the credits.
Once you have approval, come back, purchase the course and start your class by the next business day!
Students enrolled in The American Academy’s summer online courses are graded just like students in traditional on-campus courses. Each assignment will receive a grade and the total of those grades will factor into the final grade for the class.
Because every class is taught by a teacher with expertise in the subject, students are encouraged to engage with their teachers to ensure they are getting the most out of their educational experience.
The American Academy is the private school division of Graduation Alliance, which partners with various school districts across the nation. The courses offered through the auspices of these partnerships are NCAA approved but, as of this time, the courses offered directly to students through The American Academy website are not eligible. If you are seeking to ensure NCAA eligibility, it is imperative that you coordinate with your school to ensure any online courses you take will be adopted as school credit.
We know you are excited to start summer school — that's why new students can get started by the next business day!